Functions for implementing a
deterministic random bit generator (DRBG) as specified
NIST SP 800-90Ar1,
and for generating random numbers uniformly distributed over a given range
using the DRBG. A DRBG allows you
to combine multiple sources of entropy for stronger security.
entropy obtained the browser by means of
- Generation of Finite Field Cryptography (FCC) domain parameters for use in DSA and DH, and validation of domain parameters received from an untrusted party, as specified in NIST FIPS 186-4.
- Elliptic curve cryptography with NIST curves P-256 and P-384, including:
- The hash functions SHA-256 and SHA-384.
- The hash-based message authentication code functions HMAC-SHA-256 and HMAC-SHA-384.
- The key derivation function HKDF-SHA-256.
- The password-based key derivation funcion PBKDF2-SHA-256.
- Fast big integer arithmetic, including Karatsuba multiplication.
- Primality testing using Miller-Rabin.
You can download the library free of charge from the PJCL page.